3D-based assistance technologies for a variety of assembly processes - people-centered workplace of the future
The aim of the project is the research and development of functional components for the realization of 3D-based assembly assistants for the technical support of manual production processes. Functionalities and methods are developed in order to support workers in a user-driven, context-dependent and adaptive way in manual assembly processes. A latency-free 3D capture of the assembly scene, a model-supported data analysis and status evaluation as well as augmented reality-based visualization techniques are the core components of the assistance technology that will be developed. It creates the prerequisites for a new, ergonomic and load-optimized design of assembly workplaces, meets the requirements of a variety of assembly processes and a guarantees a high product and assembly process quality.
The 3D assembly assistant will be intuitive to use, adapt flexibly to changing work tasks, adjust smoothly to the needs of the employee, support learning and qualifying measures, and give the employee a feedback on the work results through audit assistance functions.
- LIVINGSOLIDS GmbH
- Piezosystems Jena GmbH
- Parker Hannifin Manufacturing GmbH & Co. KG, Hydraulic Controls Division Europe
- Center for Image and Signal Processing ZBS e.V.
- Occupational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation IFF
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering IOF